Last month saw confectionery firm Orchard Valley Foods bought by Norwegian bakery ingredients manufacturer Orkla Food Ingredients, for an undisclosed fee.
Orkla Food Ingredients signed a deal to buy 85% of Orchard Valley Foods’s shares. The agreement, also included an option to buy the remaining 15% of the business.
The Norwegian manufacturer said the deal would strengthen its position in the UK ice cream ingredients sector. It would also help to boost exports, it added.
Orkla Food Ingredients ceo Pål Eikeland said: “Orchard Valley Foods and Orkla Food Ingredients are a good fit. The acquisition of Orchard Valley complements Orkla’s current position in the UK ice cream ingredients and accessories segment.
“It also strengthens our position in categories that are well known to Orkla Food Ingredients. This acquisition offers potential for increased exports and synergies with our present operations.”