Drainage is critical to hygienic performance in food and drink manufacturing and as the European Hygienic Engineering & Design Group states, it is essential that drainage, cleaning and flooring are considered holistically.
This paper includes:
• advice on drainage specification and the role of cleaning and flooring
• information on the five product design features to look for when specifying hygienic drainage
• the findings of research into drainage design and cleanability
• research-led specification guidelines for floor/drain connection
• additional sources of impartial advice and information