In May 2015, FoodManufacture.co.uk conducted it annual industry survey on its user base of food and drink manufacturing professionals based in the UK.
The key objective of the ‘state of the industry’ survey was to gauge the views about the current state of the food and drink manufacturing industry and identify the issues that are causing most concern.
The survey collected over 500 responses on topics such as market conditions, trading relationships, environmental management, investment and employment and product development.
- A large number of respondents (86%) maintain a positive outlook and see a long-term future for the UK food manufacturing industry
- 75% of respondents expect their company’s profit margins to improve over the next year
- Pricing pressures from retailers continue to threaten to commoditise branded products and cut into resources devoted to NPD and innovation
- A majority of respondents (70%) agreed that raw material prices will cause increasing headaches for their companies in the coming year
- Only a meagre 36% are hitting the 2015 target set by the Food and Drink Federation of sending zero waste to landfill. In contrast, 60% stated that reducing packaging weight or recycling are key priorities for them this year
...discover more exciting insights and analysis by downloading this exclusive report today.