The start of another decade looks set to herald further intense change, as the new Conservative Government commits to leading the UK out of Europe before 2021. That commitment will entail a flurry of trade deals, so international commerce will be a core focus for our annual forum, which is sponsored by law firm Walker Morris.
It's no surprise that other big debate topics will be the continued march of veganism and associated product development as well as the impact of growing consumer concern about the environment. The debate will be chaired by Geoff Eaton, chairman of New England Seafood and executive chairman of Butcher’s Pet Care.
Business Leaders' Forum 2020
- When? 21 January
- Registration: From 8.45am
- Event concludes at 2pm, after a buffet lunch
- Venue: 30 Euston Square, London
In addition to the the debate itself, attendees will have access to the exclusive results of a survey of senior food and drink managers on topics including innovation, investment, the take-up of technology and skills issues. Some of the topics will touch on parts of the agenda for the event. The survey is live now and will run up to 14 January, so play your part in feeding into the results and participate now.
Food Manufacture’s Business Leaders’ Forum is held every January and takes the form of a morning’s debate on set topics designed to help steer the industry agenda for the coming year. The morning conference is rounded off with a lunch and offers an excellent networking opportunity to all attendees. Attendance is free by exclusive invitation from the editor of Food Manufacture and is only open to senior personnel working within the food and drink manufacturing industry. To enquire about attending, contact email@example.com.
Top representatives of companies and brands including Moy Park, Typhoo Tea, Nestlé UK, PepsiCo, Finsbury Foods and Tangerine Confectionery have signed up to attend.
Business Leaders' Forum agenda
The following topics will be discussed:
- Just gassing: is the industry failing to deliver on the environment?
- Hold the field: is UK farming unsustainable?
- Against the rules: what legal headaches do processors face this year?
- V for vegan: how will plant-based foods continue to disrupt the industry?
- Tech spec: can technology solve the skills crisis?
- The world’s your stage: how can UK food plc capitalise on the shifting global trade scene, especially in the wake of Brexit?