The Free-from Manufacturing Company of the Year award celebrates UK manufacturers that have demonstrated excellence in one or more free-from category over the past 12 months.
Makers of gluten- and dairy-free products are typically the best known free-from manufacturers, but qualifying products can be free-from any one of the 14 main allergens listed by the Food Standards Agency.
And, with up one-fifth of all new product launches in the UK being vegan, UK manufacturers of plant-based meat alternatives are also eligible to enter this category.
- 13 February 2020
- London Marriott Hotel
- ‘Rock of Ages’ theme
- 15 categories to enter
- Entry deadline – 29 July
Click here, for your chance to enter the category, one of nine category awards to choose from. In addition, there are four industry initiative awards, and two people awards.
Entries will continue to be judged in two streams: companies with turnovers of £10m or less and those with turnovers above that.
Small to medium-sized enterprises
Awards for Large and Small Company of the Year will feature again, in recognition of the small to medium-sized enterprises that make up the bulk of the industry and contribute so much to the UK economy. An overall Food Manufacture Company of the Year will be chosen from one of the category winners.
Time is running out to enter the awards with submissions for all categories due by 11.59pm on Monday 29 July.
The rock-themed black-tie gala FMEAs evening will take place at the Marriott Hotel, Grosvenor Square, London on 13 February 2020. The awards are sponsored by Dawn Foods, Fowler Welch, Menzies, Michael Page and Systems Integration.
In their 19th year, the FMEAs recognise the top companies in their categories and fields for excellence, and establish a benchmark for top-quality manufacturing.
In contrast to other product-based events, the awards measure outstanding levels of manufacturing performance in areas such as reducing environmental impact, business development, training and exports.
Rigorous judging process
The independent and rigorous judging process involves a panel of veterans with more than 100 years of collective hands-on experience in all stages of the food and drink supply chain.
Winners at last year’s awards included ABP UK, Finsbury Food Group, Sleaford Quality Foods, Davison Canners, SK Chilled Foods, The Ice Co, Synergy Flavours and Pecan Deluxe Candy.
The Big Top-themed awards were held at the London Hilton on Park Lane and hosted by MasterChef’s Gregg Wallace.
- For any questions about the entry process, please email or ring Rebecca George on 01293 610422.
- If your company is interested in sponsoring an award, please email or ring Tanya Baughan on 01293 610268.
FMEAs 2020 categories
- Food Manufacture Company of the Year
- Small Company of the Year
- Large Company of the Year
- Ambient Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Bakery Manufacturing Company of the Year – sponsored by Dawn Foods
- Drinks Manufacturing Company of the Year – sponsored by Michael Page
- Soft Drinks Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Chilled & Fresh Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Dairy Manufacturing Company of the Year – sponsored by Fowler Welch
- Frozen Foods Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Ingredients Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Meat, Poultry and Seafood Manufacturing Company of the Year – sponsored by Systems Integration
- NEW: Free-from Manufacturing Company of the Year
Industry Initiative Awards
- Training Award
- Supply Chain Partnership Award
- Technology Partnership Award – sponsored by Menzies
- Award for Export
- Site Team of the Year
- Future Business Leader
- Apprentice of the Year
- 2019 Business Leader