Taking place on 13 February at the Marriott Hotel in Grosvenor Square, London, this marks the 19th year of the awards, with 20 categories up for grabs (see below), including the coveted Food Manufacture Company of the Year accolade.
Last year’s top prize of Food Manufacture Company of the Year was won by ABP UK, which also picked up the Manufacturing Company of the Year and Large Manufacturing Company of the Year accolades. Upon winning these prestigious prizes, ABP UK called it an “amazing achievement” and one they were “delighted” to be a part of.
As well as ABP UK, the awards recognised brands such as Coca-Cola European Partners and PepsiCo for their tremendous work in the food and drink industry.
Food Manufacture editor Rod Addy encouraged businesses to get their entries in now. “These national awards have consistently recognised the top companies in their categories and fields for excellence, as well as establishing a benchmark for top-quality manufacturing prowess. Unlike so many product-based events, these awards measure outstanding levels of manufacturing performance, in areas such as reducing environmental impact, business development, training and exports.”
He added that winning at the Food Manufacture Excellence Awards could be extremely beneficial to a business. “As well as celebrating on the night itself, winning a category or even the top prize can raise the stock of a business or even put a newer business on the map.”
The 2020 Food Manufacture Excellence Awards are kindly sponsored by Dawn Foods, Menzies, Systems Integration, Fowler Welch and Michael Page.
For more information or to enter the awards, log on to www.foodmanawards.co.uk.
FMEA 2020 categories
- Food Manufacture Company of the Year
- Small Company of the Year
- Large Company of the Year
- Ambient Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Bakery Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Drinks Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Soft Drinks Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Chilled & Fresh Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Dairy Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Frozen Foods Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Ingredients Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Meat, Poultry and Seafood Manufacturing Company of the Year
Industry Initiative Awards
- Training Award
- Supply Chain Partnership Award
- Technology Partnership Award
- Award for Export
- Site Team of the Year
- Future Business Leader
- Apprentice of the Year
- 2019 Business Leader