The report from Sky News said that it was to conclude a takeover of the Carluccio's brand, head office and approximately 30 restaurants in the coming days.
According to the Sky News report, one source said a transaction with FRP Advisory, which was appointed as administrator to the chain in March, could be announced as soon as this evening (Monday).
The Italian restaurant chain went into administration in March. If the deal is completed as expected, it will save about 900 jobs, with 1,000 likely to face redundancy.
The chain was founded in 1999 by the late chef Antonio Carluccio. In 2018, it underwent a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA), enabling it to cut rents and close roughly 35 loss-making restaurants.
Earlier this month, 2 Sisters revealed that a “small number” of workers across different departments had tested positive for Covid-19 at its meat factory site in Cullompton, Devon.
The coronavirus pandemic has seen an increase in demand for food, which resulted in the poultry processing giant launching recruitment campaigns at multiple sites across its business.
In 2018, Ranjit Boparan revealed the company had partnered with US company to bring Slim Chickens to the UK.
Meanwhile, in 2016, 2 Sisters Food Group owner Ranjit Boparan extended his food business empire with the acquisition of 33 Ed’s Easy Diner restaurants.