Whether you’ve already registered your interest online or not, you now have until Monday 12 August to enter into the Oscars of the food and drink manufacturing industry. Don’t delay or the new, final deadline will sneak up on you before you know it.
Unlike food and drink product awards, the FMEAs are designed to highlight operational excellence in every food and drink category and has been rewarding the unsung heroes of food and drink manufacturing for the past 19 years.
If you haven’t already opened an online entry form, and you think your entry has a positive story to tell, it’s always worth putting a submission together. Teams putting themselves forward may feel they were ‘just doing their day jobs’ and be reticent to indulge in self-promotion.
Boost to morale and business
- Awards night: 13 February 2020
- Venue: London Marriott Hotel
- Theme: ‘Rock of Ages’
- 15 categories to enter
- Entry deadline: 12 August
However, even being named as a finalist, let alone a winner, is a significant boost to team morale and a benefit to the entire business.
Winners will be announced at a rock-themed black-tie gala FMEAs evening taking place at the Marriott Hotel, Grosvenor Square, London on 13 February 2020. The awards are sponsored by Dawn Foods, Fowler Welch, Menzies, Michael Page and Systems Integration.
The judging panel boasts more than 150 years’ experience in working with and in the food industry, and small to medium-sized enterprises and larger firms are judged separately to fairly reflect their relative merits.
Meat giant ABP UK claimed the ultimate accolade of Food Manufacture Company of the Year at the 2018 awards ceremony and companies such as Coca-Cola European Partners and PepsiCo were also winners. However, smaller businesses such as Davison Canners, New Forest Ice Cream and St Ewe Free Range Eggs also received trophies.
Company of the Year
The recipient of the overall title of Food Manufacture Company of the Year is chosen from the list of winners in the nine main categories. For the first time, we have created a new Free-from Food Manufacturing Company of the Year as a main category.
Only the top-performing companies in each of these categories are eligible for the Large Company of the Year and the Small Company of the Year Awards. In addition, there are four industry initiative awards and two people awards. Click here, for your chance to enter.
The 2020 Business Leader is chosen by online reader votes from a shortlist of candidates drawn up by the editorial team. The shortlist is to be revealed in the August edition of Food Manufacture.
For any questions about the entry process, please email or ring Rebecca George on 01293 610422.
If your company is interested in sponsoring an award, please email or ring Tanya Baughan on 01293 610268.
- Food Manufacture Company of the Year
- Small Company of the Year
- Large Company of the Year
- Ambient Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Bakery Manufacturing Company of the Year – sponsored by Dawn Foods
- Drinks Manufacturing Company of the Year – sponsored by Michael Page
- Chilled & Fresh Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Dairy Manufacturing Company of the Year – sponsored by Fowler Welch
- Frozen Foods Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Ingredients Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Meat, Poultry and Seafood Manufacturing Company of the Year – sponsored by Systems Integration
- NEW: Free-from Manufacturing Company of the Year
Industry Initiative Awards
- Training Award
- Supply Chain Partnership Award
- Technology Partnership Award – sponsored by Menzies
- Award for Export
- Site Team of the Year
- Apprentice of the Year
- 2020 Business Leader of the Year