Ferguson was chairman of the judging panel for Food Manufacture’s Excellence Awards 2018. He is chairman of Stobart Group, Governor Emeritus of the British Nutrition Foundation, deputy chairman of Cranfield University and chairman of Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging. He is also the former boss of Tate & Lyle.
Attendance at the exclusive annual event, which is held at the City offices of sponsor, law firm DWF, is open by invitation only to senior decision-makers within food and drink manufacturing businesses.
More than 70 delegates are expected, including representatives from Coca-Cola European Partners, 2 Sisters Food Group, Pladis UK, Typhoo Tea, Seabrook Crisps, Delifrance UK, Greencore, Pinguin Foods and Kendal Nutricare.
The forum is designed to focus minds on the top issues confronting the industry in the coming year and provide the opportunity to discuss strategies for dealing with them and network with peers.
Business Leaders Forum agenda
- The economy and political landscape, including Brexit
- Trading relationships and consumer behaviour
- M&A activity
- Raw materials and energy prices
- Investment / employment and skills
- Labelling, including allergen labelling
- Product reformulation, including calorie and sugar reduction targets
- Environment and sustainability, including packaging and the effects of extreme weather
- Technology, industry 4.0, automation and Blockchain
The majority of the morning is devoted to an open-mic debate, covering core topics introduced by attendees. To encourage openness, the discussion is managed according to Chatham House rules, meaning delegates’ comments are only used for editorial with their express permission.
Anyone eligible and interested in attending should request an invitation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those interested in sponsorship opportunities should email email@example.com.