Now in their second year, the awards celebrate the achievement of food manufacturers and foodservice companies that supply the best quality foods to restaurants nationwide. The awards aim to showcase the best of unsung top-quality food products.
Judged for chefs by chefs, the awards seek out operators that have produced frozen, fresh, chilled or ambient products, which deliver innovation, great taste and value.
Judged for chefs by chefs
Staged in association with Food Innovation Solutions and Good Sense Research, 27 categories – ranging from bread and morning goods to poultry products, sweet cakes, biscuits and desserts – are open for entries.
Taking part in the awards is easy: simply enter a finished product that is ambient, chilled, fresh, frozen or part baked in one of the 27 categories featured below.
The deadline for submissions is Monday November 20 and each entry costs £475 + VAT. Visit the awards website for more information.
All category winners, entrants achieving a highly rated standard and finalists will have the opportunity to use the awards’ respected endorsement logos on packaging and in all marketing.
The Chefs’ Choice Awards judging panel includes: chefs, nutritionists, food technologists and end users, including restaurateurs and pub landlords. They will be probing each entry to assess its aroma, flavour, texture, level of innovation and value per portion.
Category winners will be revealed at a champagne reception at London’s Haymarket Hotel on Tuesday February 27 2018.
Last year’s Chef’s Choice Product of the Year Award was won by Booker Group for its Chefs’ Choice Larder Chocolate Fudge Brownie.
The awards are supported by the Food Manufacture Group and sister titles Restaurant, The Morning Advertiser and The Grocer.
So, why not give your food manufacturing business the chance to win the recognition it deserves by entering the Chefs’ Choice Awards 2018? Good luck.
Chefs’ Choice Awards 2018 categories
• Bread and morning goods
• Preserves (sweet)
• Breakfast cereals (including porridge)
• Cheese and dairy products (yogurt/butter/spreads/cream/milk designed to be served to customers and NOT sold as an ingredient)
• Meat (joints/portions and ready to serve hams/ salami/ charcuterie/pate)
• Poultry products (whole/portioned/coated/battered/added value)
• Fish and shellfish (fresh/ frozen/coated/ battered and ready to serve ( smoked salmon/trout/ pate/prawn cocktail)
• Sweet cakes and biscuits (traybakes/doughnuts/scones/pastries/ savoury crackers)
• Finished desserts and gateau (served cold or cold))
• Ice cream and sorbet
• Crisps, nuts and snacks
• Party and buffet foods (including sandwich fillers)
• Fruit (whole/cut/tinned/frozen/chilled)
• Vegetables (whole/diced/prepared/tinned/frozen)
• Chilled salads (slaw/mixes/leaves)
• Potato (fresh/chilled/frozen/ambient/part-baked)
• Rice, pasta, grains
• Products sold as free-from (gluten-free/ dairy-free)
• Pasta-based ready meals
• Vegetarian ready-meals and portions
• Ready meals (non-pasta based)
• Savoury pies and flans
• Soup and stock
• Condiments (including pickles/mayonnaise/dressings/mustard/oils/vinegar)
• Sweet and savoury sauces (mixes/ready to serve, including coulis and custard)
• Soft drinks (juices/water/smoothies/cordials/carbonated)
• Hot beverages (tea/coffee/hot chocolate/malts/infusions/fruit teas)
Winners will be awarded in each category as: Chefs’ Choice Awards then also Highly Rated. The awards will culminate in the crowning of an overall Chefs’ Choice Winner