He moved from his previous role as md for United Biscuits’ European and North American regions, after spending 18 years with the company.
During his time with United Biscuits, Francheterre has held md roles across France and Northern Europe and previously worked for Nestlé as a product manager.
‘Europe and North America’
Chairman of Tangerine Steven Joseph said: “Anthony Francheterre has an outstanding track record, having developed his career largely at United Biscuits where he held several senior positions across Europe and North America.
“I am confident that Anthony will be able to lead Tangerine through its next phase of growth and continue the exciting development of the Butterkist popcorn brand.”
Francheterre’s appointment follows the death of former Tangerine ceo Benoit Testard, who died after a short illness on March 16 this year.
Testard had also previously worked for United Biscuits, leaving the company as ceo in 2013.
‘Leading independent UK manufacturer’
Francheterre said: “I am thrilled to become chief executive at Tangerine. As the leading independent UK manufacturer of sugar confectionery and branded popcorn, Tangerine has a very rich and proud heritage.
“I am looking forward to working with the executive board and our whole staff to provide a strong platform for the growth of the business and the continued success of Tangerine’s brands.”
Founded in 2006 in Pontefract, West Yorkshire, Tangerine produced a wide range of classic UK sweets including Sherbet Dip Dabs, Fruit Salad and the Butterkist brand of popcorn.
The company has about 1,000 employees working in six factories nationwide in Pontefract, York, Blackpool, Cleckheaton and Liverpool.
Anthony Francheterre – CV
- Ceo – Tangerine Confectionery: June 2016 – present
- Md Europe and North America – United Biscuits: 2015 – April 2016
- Md North Europe – United Biscuits: 2007 – 2014
- General manager France – United Biscuits: 2005 – 2006
- Marketing director North Europe – United Biscuits: 2001 – 2004
- Marketing director France – United Biscuits: 2000 – 2001
- Marketing Manager Kids brands – United Biscuits: 1999 – 2000
- Product Manager – Nestlé: 1997 – 1998