Asda recalled some of its Biere De Luxe product because there was a chance some bottles could break when opened.
The affected batches were bottle size 10 x 250ml and had a ‘best before’ code of October 2016, November 2016 and December 2016.
Asda displayed point-of-sale recall notices, telling consumers to return the product to store for a full refund.
Preston-based food manufacturer Easy Eats UK was forced to recall a number of its chicken products over concerns they could be contaminated with salmonella. Salmonella is a bacterium that can cause food poisoning, the FSA said.
The following products were recalled: Snax on the Go Chicken Tikka Filler & Fillings ‘use by’ date 8 February 2016; Snax on the Go Mixed Case (includes Chicken Tikka Sandwiches) ‘use by’ date 15 February 2016; Snacksters Chicken Tikka Sandwiches ‘use by’ dates 15 February 2016; Snacksters Chicken Tikka Wraps ‘use by’ date 8 February 2016; Snacksters Mixed case (includes Chicken Tikka Sandwiches) ‘use by’ date 15 February 2016 and Best In Chicken Tikka Sandwiches ‘use by’ date: 15 February 2016.
Recalls last week
- Asda Biere De Luxe
- Easy Eats UK
- Bart Ingredients
Symptoms of salmonella develop from 12 to 72 hours after swallowing an infectious dose of salmonella, the National Health Service (NHS) said.
Symptoms usually last for four to seven days and most people recover without treatment.
But if an affected person becomes seriously ill, they may need hospital care because the dehydration caused by the illness can be life-threatening, the NHS added.
Mustard health risk
Bart Ingredients recalled some batches of its pickling spice 80g because a small number of jars have a printing error on the label and contain mustard seeds.
This meant the product contained mustard seeds which are not mentioned on the label. The product was a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to mustard.
Mustard is one of 14 major allergens that must be declared in the ingredient lists whenever they appear in prepacked food, the Anaphylaxis Campaign said.
Although rare in the UK, a mustard allergy can cause potentially fatal reactions to suffers, it added.