The food and drink manufacturing Oscars, now in their 14th year, recognise top achievement in key industry sectors. This year awards will celebrate the best of the best in ambient manufacturing, bakery, beverages, to fresh, chilled and frozen categories among others. See the full list of this year’s categories below.
Award entry is free and previous winners report benefits to team morale and raised profile with customers and suppliers, after landing a top trophy.
Food Manufacture Company of the Year
From the individual category awards, one firm will be selected by our independent panel of expert judges to be crowned Food Manufacture Company of the Year.
Firms that have entered the main category awards will also be eligible to enter four other awards: Best new use of food ingredients; Environmental initiative of the year; Supply chain initiative of the year and Training programme of the year.
In its second year, the Young talent of the year award will be made to the individual the judges assess to be the most promising new apprentice or graduate in food and drink manufacture.
Judges’ star performer
An award will also be made for Judges’ star performer, presented to a company selected from all entries, which the judges believe deserves recognition for one particular area of its activities.
An SME innovation of the year award will also be made to the best small company whose turnover is less than £10M and employs fewer than 100 staff.
The closing date for receipt of entries is Friday July 17. The winners will be revealed at a gala dinner celebration at the Lancaster Gate Hotel in West London on November 3. This year’s event will have a carnival theme. Test your knowledge of carnival themed songs against our list below.
Meanwhile, for more information about the food and drink manufacturing Oscars visit: www.foodmanawards.co.uk. Alternatively, call Jane Rollinson on 01293 610439 or email: Jane.Rollinson@wrbm.com.
- Ambient Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Bakery Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Beverages Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Chilled Food Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Dairy Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Fresh Produce Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Frozen Foods Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Meat and Poultry Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Seafood Manufacturing Company of the Year
- Industry Initiative Awards
In addition to the main category awards you can also enter any of the following.
- Best new use of Food Ingredients
- Environmental Initiative of theYear
- Supply Chain Initiative of the Year
- Training Programme of the Year
- Young Talent of the Year
- Judges' Star Performer: This award is chosen from across all entries and will reward the company that, in the judges' opinion, has been involved in an activity which deserves particular recognition – be it in the field of manufacturing, marketing or staff development.
- SME Innovation of the Year: This award will be presented to a small company (typically with less than £10M turnover and fewer than 100 employees), which the judges believe has shown the greatest innovation over the past year through new product development, process innovation or marketing.
- Food Manufacture Company of the Year: The winner of this award will be selected from the winners of the individual category awards
10 songs with the word carnival
- Carnival: Eric Clapton
- She’s a Carnival: Siouxsie and the Banshees
- Life Is a Carnival: The Band
- The Carnival Is Over (Goodbye True Love): Boney M.
- Carnival: Perry Como
- Carnival Queen: Jandek
- The Carnival Is Over: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- The Carnival is Over: The Seekers
- Carnival at the morning star school: Cher
- It's Carnival Time: Elvis Presley