Win or lose, FoodManufacture.co.uk says congratulations to all the shortlisted candidates taking part in this year’s awards – the Oscars of the food and drink manufacturing industry.
There’s not much longer to wait until the winners are revealed on the big night .
The shortlisted candidates are:
- Ambient Company of the Year: Burts Chips; Greencore Grocery; Mars Food; and Moguntia Food Ingredients
- Bakery Company of the Year: Allied Bakeries; Butt Foods; and Walker & Son
- Cakes and Biscuits Company of the Year: Border Biscuits; Rich Products; and American Muffin
- Beverages Company of the Year: Britvic Soft Drinks; and Solution Sciences
- Chilled and Fresh Company of the Year: Greencore Northampton; Hazeldene; Mash Direct; and Raynor Foods
- Ice Cream Company of the Year: Fredericks Dairies; and R&R Ice Cream
- Frozen Company of the Year: Green Gourmet; Iglo Food Group; and Lewis Meat and Pasty Co
- Protein Company of the Year: Adams Foods; Dawn Meats Group; Lossie Seafoods; Taste Tradition; Young’s Seafood
- Environmental Initiative of the Year: Coca-Cola Enterprises; Kelly’s of Cornwall; Premier Foods; Young’s Seafood; and United Biscuits
- Training Programme of the Year: Bakkavör – Hitchen Foods; Britvic Soft Drinks; Fairfax Meadow; Greencore Grocery; and Tillery Valley
- Small Company of the Year: Butt Foods; Mash Direct; Moguntia Food Ingredients; and Raynor Foods
At the November event, awards will also be made for:
- Food Manufacturing Company of the Year, selected from the winners of the eight individual sector categories
- Judges’ Special Award will be made to the company which the judging panel believe deserves recognition for one particular area of its activities.
- Personality of the Year
Candidates in the Personality of the Year Shortlist are:
- Judy Buttriss, director general, British Nutrition Foundation
- Michael Clarke, ceo, Premier Foods
- Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, TV personality, chef and fisheries campaigner
- James Lambert, chief executive R&R Ice Cream
- Levi Roots, food entrepreneur
- Perween Warsi, food entrepreneur
You can tweet comments before, during and after the big night by using the twitter handle #FMEA12.
There’s still time to book a last-minute place at the food and drink manufacturing Oscars by calling Rebecca George on 01293 610422 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you on Bonfire Night.