The dinner, hosted by FDF President Jim Moseley, held in the Dorchester hotel in Central London, featured guest speakers health secretary Andrew Lansley and minister of state for Trade and Investment Lord Green.
The Public Health Responsibility Deal (PHRD), one year on since its launch, plus the UK’s £12.1bn food and drink export achievement dominated both the evening and the tweets it inspired. But there was time too to consider France's preference for whisky over cognac.
So, enjoy our snapshot of the evening – all captured in 140 characters or fewer.
You can view the posts directly at #FDFdinner12.
Read Moseley’s PHRD plea to Langley, by clicking here.
To let us know whether the PHRD has proved a success, post a comment below or join our LinkedIn group The UK Food and Drink Manufacturing Network – powered by Food Manufacture by clicking here.
- “FDF's Jim Moseley urges 'broader not deeper' approach to Public Health Responsibility Deal” tinyurl.com/c555lax FoodManufacture.co.uk.
- “Thanks to everyone who came to our #FDFdinner12 – we hope you enjoyed the evening as much as we did.” FDF.
- “The morning after the night before and so far only good feedback about #FDFdinner12.” Terry Jones, FDF communications director.
- “We seek to establish UK’s first food engineering degree, plugging a key skills gap.” FDF.
- “And the Netherlands will start selling square sausage to Scotland soon! Ha!” Boab10 (See following Tweet).
- “Lord Green: UK food companies now selling sushi to Japan, tea to China, cheese to France & sausage to Germany.” Scotfoodjames.
- “Stat of the night: the French now drink more Scotch whisky in a month than they drink cognac in a year.” Scotfoodjames.
- “Combined value of UK food exports to Brazil, Russia, China, India & Mexico is less than total to Belgium! - Lord Green.” MartinFutures.
- RT (Re-tweet from FoodManufacture.co.uk) "Health secretary Andrew Lansley: "Public health is everyone's responsibility." Definitely agree with this.” Becky Ray.
- “Lord Green, Dept Trade/Investment: 100s of thousands of jobs directly linked to food + drink. Millions indirectly.” FoodManufacture.co.uk.
- “British food exports up in China: whisky & cupcakes among the success stories. Lord Green is more excited about the scotch at #FDFdinner12.” _annasimpson.
- “Food and drink exports now worth over £12bn. Come on UK govt, get behind British food and farming!” BakersofHP.
- “Three fastest growing food export markets for UK: China, Poland, HongKong.” JoceynABailey.
- “Lord Green speaking now at #FDFdinner12. Applauding baby food company Ella's Kitchen. Which he chose as nomination for @MadeByBritain!” JoceynABailey.
- “Food and drink exports now worth over £12bn. Come on UK govt, get behind British food and farming!” thind741
- “8,500 new product launches in 2011.” FDF.
- Time is right to consider role science plays in food say @Foodanddrinkfed pres Jim Moseley. thind741
- “UK food and drink manufacturers have the ability and appetite to grow.” FDF.
- “Health secretary Andrew Lansley: "Public health is everyone's responsibility." FoodManufacture.co.uk.
- “Andrew Lansley on PHRD: "One year on, we can be proud of what has been achieved.” FoodManufacture.co.uk.
- “Exclusive: FDF dinner “not cooked by president himself”. FoodManufacture.co.uk.
- “Jim Moseley responsibility deals pioneering approach to improving public health has broken new ground.” FDF.
- “Challenge to achieve more by voluntary action than costly intrusive regulation says Lansley. 'Ere ere.” thind741.
- “Every Last Drop campaign gives guidance on how to conserve water.” FDF.
- “#FDFdinner12 kicks off with SOS Lansley saying food industry + govt can be proud of responsibility deal. Agree. Sick of NGO critics.” thind741.