- John Kermode has joined Scottish food manufacturer Golden Crumb Produce as development chef. He will be responsible for introducing innovative ideas and concepts to expand the company’s product portfolio while liaising with clients to research future projects.
Kermode has over 28 years of experience in the food industry and has worked as a head chef, development chef and in senior production management positions. Most recently, he was development chef at KK Fine Foods.
- Yorkshire law firm Rollits has appointed Julian Wild as food group director. He joins from Northern Foods, where he was a senior executive for more than 25 years.
- Steve Prangle has been promoted to operations controller at Kerry Foods Direct to Store (KFDTS), supplier to chilled cabinets in the c-store sector. In a separate move, Andy Redstone is now logistics controller with the company.
- Bill Annable has joined Simtom Food Products as senior quality manager. His appointment comes at a time when Simtom is poised to grow into the ethnic food arena in partnership with Asda.
- Huw Rees has been promoted to the new post of UK operations manager for Improve, the food and drink sector skills council. He heads a team of seven geographically based operations managers.
Suffolk-based maltster Muntons has appointed three new directors to the board. Andrew Suett is malted ingredients sales and marketing director, Nigel Davies is technical director and Neil Pearmain has been appointed as supply chain and logistics director. At the same time, Alan Ridealgh has been promoted to deputy md and will take responsibility for the day-to-day oepartions of the business.