- Fred Ponnavoy has joined makers of chilled chocolate products Gü Chocolate Puds as NPD manager where he will be responsible for creating new products and product quality control. An experienced patisserie chef, Ponnavoy has worked in France and the UK and held head pastry chef roles at high end, London restaurants.
Also joining the Gü team is Nick Fox. Formerly a trading controller at Danone Dairy, Fox takes on the commercial director's role at Gü
- Macrae Edinburgh has made four appointments to help boost new product innovation and business growth. Parick Salvadori joins the seafood processor from parent company Young's Bluecrest as NPD manager. An experienced chef, Salvadori has also worked for Cavaghan & Gray and Northern Foods.
Reporting to him will be Suzanne Seery, the new development technologist. Seery was formerly with Glanbia Foods as project co-ordinator for quality and recipe development systems. Simon Muirhead joins as engineering maintenance and projects manager and brings eight years of engineering experience gained in the poultry business to the role. Gregor Craig has also joined as financial accountant.
- Mark Colvin, formerly of manufacturing improvement consultant Suiko-WCS and a past contributor to the Manufacturing Insight column in Food Manufacture, has joined Uniq Prepared Foods as head of operations improvement in Swindon.
- Angela Mitton, formerly responsible for own-label chilled NPD roles at Sun Valley Foods and Uniq Prepared Foods, has launched Beetroot & Orange, a company specialising in bespoke NPD projects in the food industry.
- Bread products producer Eurobuns has two new site managers. Jon Lloyd takes charge of operations at the company's Maidstone Rd site in Milton Keynes, while Clive Bristowe is in charge of the adjoining site.
- Alex Lynn has joined British Pepper & Spice as junior development technologist from Belmay Fragrances where she was a laboratory compounder, providing key assistance to the perfumers.
At the same time, Julie Hedley has joined the company from Geest as finance director.
Stephen Parry assumes responsibility for technical development and best practice across the whole of Young's Bluecrest Seafood, including its Scottish-based Macrae operations following his promotion to the executive board as group technical director.
Parry joined the company in 2003 as operations director and has extensive manufacturing, technical and supply chain experience having held a variety of food industry positions in the UK and Europe, including 18 years with Unilever and 10 with United Biscuits. As the business celebrates its 200th anniversary, Parry's challenge is to maintain the pace of innovation and to continue growth through world-class best practice in food manufacture.