- Dr Stewart McLelland is the new md of Macrae Food Group. An experienced and qualified food scientist, he has held a number of senior management roles in food manufacturing and retail. McLelland joined the Macrae management board in 1996. Prior to this new appointment, he was the company's deputy chief executive.
- Service and certification organisation, EFSIS, has appointed Enda Murphy to manage its Irish Farm Inspection Service in support of the new Bord Bia (the Irish Food Board), Beef Quality Assurance Scheme (BQAS). Murphy has worked within the farming and food industries for over 30 years and understands the practicalities of every-day farming and the benefits of such standards.
- Chris Pomfret, a former senior executive at Unilever, has been appointed to the board of the Food Standards Agency. Pomfret worked for Unilever for more than 30 years. During his time he was responsible for the Birds Eye Frozen Food business in the UK, managed the marketing in Unilever's ice cream and frozen food business in France and held senior positions in the Dutch head office. Before retiring last December, he was the marketing and environment co-ordinator.
- Pizza manufacturer Schwan's Consumer Brands UK has appointed Mark Rehborg as UK marketing controller. He will be relocating to the UK from Schwan's Consumer Brands North America, where he held the position of director of customer marketing.
- Two new product development executives, Katherine Hillier and Claire Bridge, have joined Dairygold Ingredients UK, while Breiffini Kennedy has joined as business development manager. Hillier studied Food Science at Leeds University and has spent the past two years as a food technologist at SHS International. A graduate from Manchester University, Bridge joins from a vegetable processing company, where he used to work. Kennedy, meanwhile, has worked in the foodservice arena for the past four years, and with Bord Bia.
Robert Wiseman Dairies has made two appointments to its operating board: Malcolm Murray becomes distribution director and Calum MacGregor is now quality director.
Murray was delivering the company's milk while still a schoolboy and has since held various roles at the company. MacGregor is promoted to quality director covering all packaging and product development activities. He has been with the company for the past 10 years.