- Production and operation responsibilities have been realigned at Elisabeth the Chef's three factory sites following Steve Eastham's appointment as operations director in May. Previously manager of the Southam site, Paul Whyte is now senior operations manager at Southam, St. Mary's Rd and Berrington Rd. Bill Donnelly takes his place as production manager at the Southam site. Former St. Mary's Rd manager Peter Elliott has been asked to review the process lines and bakery operations at St. Mary's Rd and the Broadheath, Worcester sites. And operations manager at St Mary's Rd is new recruit Manjinder Deol, who joins from Yoplait Dairy Crest.
- Neil McKay has joined Yorkshire Fresh Salads, part of Geest's Fresh Produce Division, as NPD manager. He switches from Geest at Barton where he's been product development manager for almost four years. At the same time, Geest Fresh Produce Division has appointed Kate O'Shea as general manager at English Village Salads, which supplies Asda. O'Shea joined Geest in 1995 as general manager of the Produce Division (Horticulture). Joining O'Shea is Graeme Townson, as financial controller (right). He was previously at Geest's Alresford Salads.
- Rapidly growing sales of French bread to the retail bake-off and foodservice sectors has led Eurobuns to appoint Fred Gascoyne as its first technical manager. He will spend much of his time providing on-the-spot support for retail in-store bakeries including programming the ovens for the first time and conducting baking trials to ensure product quality.
- Bacon products supplier TMI Foods has named Alan Peterson as production director and Nigel Richmond as sales director. Peterson joins from Roach Foods where he was general manager of the Bodmin factory, while Peterson joins from Hazlewood Foods.
- Fruit ingredients supplier J O Sims has a new technical sales executive in Emma Cherry. She joins from United Biscuits where she was product development manager for KP Nuts.
- Lee Buckingham has joined duckling specialist Silver Hill Foods as development chef. With more than 20 years' experience in the international hotel and restaurant business he will develop convenience products for foodservice and retail markets.
- Irene Cheung has joined frozen and ambient bagels producer Mr Bagels as new product development manager. She will be responsible for developing products from concept to launch, as well as further extending the shelf-life and quality of the company's existing product range.
Cheung joins from Unilever where she was an R&D technologist responsible for developing new ice cream formulations. While there, she also gained an MSc in Advanced Food Manufacturing. Her career started at Allied Mills as a development technologist scaling-up cake mixes from bench to production level.