- Norman Soutar, former director of corporate strategy at Baxters Food Group, has taken up the new role of group md. Audrey Baxter remains executive chairman. As part of his remit Soutar will take charge of the company's UK and European operations and will be responsible for delivering the corporate plan for growth.
- Greencore group has named Diane Walker as its new md (designate) of the Hazlewood Chilled Sauces & Soups category. She will take over from Simon Wookey who has been running the category on an interim basis and who will become md of its sandwich division. Walker has held a number of senior positions within the chilled sector, most recently as md of Hibernia's ready meals business.
- Due to rapid expansion, frozen food specialist Ardo UK has appointed former Harrods and Dorchester chef Robert Abreu innovations manager, responsible for developing new products. He is joined by technologists Heather Metcalfe (who will be responsible for industrial customers) and Jenny Pout (who will look after foodservice and retail accounts). Other appointments include Martin Horsnail as sales manager, Mike Turner as national accounts manager and Caelia Butcher as key accounts manager/customer services operative.
- Ron Mellow has been appointed the new chairman of the Chilled Food Association (CFA). Previously vice-chairman of the CFA he takes over from Dr Geoff Andrews. Mellow is currently a divisional director within Heinz.
- Steve Woodgate is to be the first technical director of the European Fat Processors' and Renderers' Association (EFPRA). He will provide technical expertise to EFPRA members but will also continue in his role as chairman of the technical committee of the UK Renderers' Association (UKRA)
- Commercial success at vegetarian and convenience food producer Cauldron Foods has led it to appoint Ken Reed in the new position of director of sales. Reed has over 15 years' experience in food and drink, having held board positions at Princes and Orchard House. Most recently he ran his own marketing services company.
- Fuerst Day Lawson (FDL) has appointed James Newstead to work as full time new product development manager within the company's Seeds and Natural Products division.
- Producer of cereal clusters and biscuit crumbles Cereal Innovations has appointed Paul Conyers operations manager. He takes responsibility for the efficient running of processing operations as well as elements of planning, maintenance, supply chain,/logistics and health and safety issues. He will report to md Mark Bottjer.
Conyers brings 29 years' experience in senior management positions across the food industry to Cereal Innovations. He was previously with the Two Sisters Food Group where he was divisional manager, and has also worked for Danish Crown, Premier Poultry and Malton Baking Company.