Congratulations to the shortlisted food and drink manufacturers, which were selecting during detailed discussions by an independent panel of 13 experts from across the industry.
The winners will be announced at a gala dinner taking place at London’s Hilton in Park Lane on November 5.
The shortlisted candidates are:
- Ambient Company of the Year: Burts Chips; Greencore Grocery; Mars Food; and Moguntia Food Ingredients
- Bakery Company of the Year: Allied Bakeries; Butt Foods; and Walker & Son
- Cakes and Biscuits Company of the Year: Border Biscuits; Rich Products; and American Muffin
- Beverages Company of the Year: Britvic Soft Drinks; and Solution Sciences
- Chilled and Fresh Company of the Year: Greencore Northampton; Hazeldene; Mash Direct; and Raynor Foods
- Ice Cream Company of the Year: Fredericks Dairies; and R&R Ice Cream
- Frozen Company of the Year: Green Gourmet; Iglo Food Group; and Lewis Meat and Pasty Co
- Protein Company of the Year: Adams Foods; Dawn Meats Group; Lossie Seafoods; Taste Tradition; Young’s Seafood
- Environmental Initiative of the Year: Coca-Cola Enterprises; Kelly’s of Cornwall; Premier Foods; Young’s Seafood; and United Biscuits
- Training Programme of the Year: Bakkavör – Hitchen Foods; Britvic Soft Drinks; Fairfax Meadow; Greencore Grocery; and Tillery Valley
- Small Company of the Year: Butt Foods; Mash Direct; Moguntia Food Ingredients; and Raynor Foods
At the November event, awards will also be made for:
- Food Manufacturing Company of the Year, selected from the winners of the eight individual sector categories
- Judges’ Special Award will be made to the company which the judging panel believe deserves recognition for one particular area of its activities.
The judges met at the offices of William Reed Business Media − the publisher of FoodManufacture.co.uk and our sister title Food Manufacture earlier this month.
Watch out next week for our report on the views of Paul Wilkinson, chairman of the FMEAs and chairman designate of Thorntons, on the standard of this year’s entries.
To find out more about the FMEAs visit www.foodmanawards.co.uk.
To book tables and seats for the prestigious awards evening at London’s Hilton in Park Lane on November 5, call Rebecca George on 01293 610422 or email her on email@example.com
Meanwhile, there is still time to vote for the Food Manufacturing Personality of the Year Award. Click here to vote for the shortlisted candidates.
Personality of the Year Shortlist
- Judy Buttriss, director general, British Nutrition Foundation
- Michael Clarke, ceo, Premier Foods
- Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, TV personality, chef and fisheries campaigner
- James Lambert, chief executive R&R Ice Cream
- Levi Roots, food entrepreneur
- Perween Warsi, founder and chief executive S&A foods.
For all the latest breaking news on the fast-moving world of food and drink manufacturing, subcribe to our FREE newsletter by clicking here http://www.foodmanufacture.co.uk/subscription/subscriptionview.